10 things to avoid feeding your cat
- A vegetarian diet. Cats are carnivores, they need nutrients that can only be found in meat.
- Milk and other dairy products. Cats are lactose intolerant, so a lot of milk can create a lot of discomfort.
- An excess of food. Keeping the food bowl full can lead to overeating and obesity.
- All dry kibble. They have a very low thirst drive so a moist diet can prevent urinary and kidney disorders.
- Too much liver in their diet can cause a vitamin A toxicity.
- Though most cats really like it, canned tuna can cause mercury poisoning.
- Onions, garlic and chives can break down a cat’s red blood cells, leading to anemia.
- Grapes and raisins cause kidney failure in cats.
- Caffeine and chocolate can be lethal to a cat.
- Foods containing xylitol and other artificial sweeteners can cause blood sugar to drop and liver failure.
Categorized in: Uncategorized